5 of my Favorite Facts about Lavender Essential Oils:
Lavender is one of my favorite fragrances, especially in body products. I usually have a lip balm and hand lotion along with a candle containing lavender oils on my nightstand. I also travel with a lavender infused linen spray for those overnight work trips where I am stuck in a hotel. I was quite surprised when I did some research on lavender essential oils. This oil produces so many overall wellness attributes, I just had to share..... So here are my top 5 favorite reasons to love Lavender…it is also in our Live Love Lavender Pucker Pot.
1. Lavender can induce sleep. It is often recommended for those suffering from insomnia. You can use our Lavender Pucker Pot for its original intention as a lip balm, but you can also use the balm as a way to ease into a relaxing nights sleep. Simply rub the balm onto your temples or on your chest and the fragrance will quickly lull you into a relaxed state. I would also suggest a Lavender Linen Spray. Check out this one from Love Your Body Essentials. Lavender essential oils in your bath at night may just be the perfect way to end your hectic day. Just drop a few ounces directly into the bathtub to decompress!
2. Lavender is a great addition to your skin care regimen. Lavender oil benefits can be attributed to its antiseptic and antifungal properties. I especially love the lavender line from L'Occitane!! Lavender oil can be used to treat certain skin issues including: acne, sunburn, wrinkles, and it can also be added to chamomile to treat eczema. I also keep a Lavender hand soap in my home bathroom, check out Trader Joe's Lavender which contains some awesome lavender essential oils.
3. Lavender can be used as a natural insect repellent. With summer coming on, especially in the South, those mosquitos are going to start appearing. You can also use the oil as a calming balm for the sting of insect bites. Check out Salmonberry Origins Bug Bite. A great addition to throw in your purse.
4. Lavender can relieve symptoms associated with "that time of the month". Its has been said that Lavender essential oils can help alleviate mood swings, and can be used to treat other symptoms such as cramps and headaches. My new obsession is from Aura Cacia. They make an AMAZING plug in air freshener. Throw out your synthetic plug-ins because this will put anyone in a good mood anytime of the month!
5. Lavender can be used on your furry friends, dogs and cats. It can be used as a massage oil into their fur, but be sure to mix with a carrier oil (olive, grapeseed, etc.) And make sure you are using 100% pure lavender oil and not something that has been cut with anything synthetic. Synthetics can be harmful to animals as well as yourself if used improperly.
***Pregnant and women who are nursing should not use lavender essential oils. If you are not sure whether Lavender essential oils are right for you, be sure to research your concerns before trying any of the above ideas.
Love and Tulips!
Amanda from Irvine