Wednesday, December 18, 2013

The Easiest Dessert Around - The Apple Tart


IMG_9769
















During a quick trip to the grocery store the other night my hubs 
and I decided that we were definitely going to need dessert.  We strolled the bakery and cookie aisle and nothing looked good.  Being a baker, I hate looking at all that processed sugar and fake looking bakery treats.  We left with the promise that I would find something to concoct at the house.  

Well, my go to blogger pulled it out for me again.  I LOVE...I mean really LOVE the Pioneer Woman, Ree Drummond.  Check out this super easy and super delicious recipe for an Apple Tart.  And it's not too bad for you in the calorie department, as there is no butter!
It was so warm and gooey good, I made another one for the next night...for real!!

From The Pioneer Woman:

 

Quick and Easy Apple Tart


Prep Time:
Cook Time:
Difficulty:  Easy
Servings:  4


Ingredients

  • 1 whole Sheet Puffed Pastry, Cut Into Half Or Thirds
  • 4 whole Apples, Cored, Halved, And Sliced, But Not Peeled
  • 1 cup Brown Sugar
  • 1/4 teaspoon Salt

Directions: Preheat oven to 415 degrees.
Place puffed pastry rectangles onto a baking pan that’s been sprayed with nonstick spray. Add sugar and salt to apples. Stir to combine. Allow to sit for a few minutes.
Arrange apple slices on the pastry rectangles in a straight line, overlapping as you go. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, or until pastry is puffed and golden brown.
Remove from pan immediately and place on a serving platter. Serve plain, with caramel topping, whipped cream, or a sprinkling of powdered sugar.

**I added a small drizzle of lemon juice to the apples after I sliced them to prevent browning and add a bit more flavor

All photos are from the Pioneer Woman website, I had to share as they are always good looking and will make you want to make this ASAP!
IMG_9717
The original recipe says that you can cut your pastry into thirds or half.  I prefer a nice puff around the sides so I cut mine in half and it was perfect!
IMG_9724
I don't have an apple corer, so I just used my knife and cut out the inside of each apple.  Maybe not as pretty as Ree's but tasted just as good! 
IMG_9736
IMG_9749
IMG_9752
Love and Tulips,



Amanda from Irvine


















































No comments:

Post a Comment