Monday, October 28, 2013

Get in the Spirit...It's Halloween Time

I'm not really into Halloween.  Maybe it's that I don't have any kids at home, maybe it's because I can't get into the dressing up thing, maybe it's the temptation of eating a whole bag of Tootsie Rolls!  I don't decorate the house but I do give out the candy and at least make an attempt to partake in the festivities.  So, I thought I would share some of the cute ways to get into the spirit without the ridiculous costume!
My sister's kiddos hamming it up!
How about some cool make up for a way to get into the spirit?  Even if you are not going to dress up, why not do a cool look?  A fresh cat eye, powdered face and a vampy lip.  Halloween for the cool girl.  Get more ideas here.
Halloween makeup trends in 2013
Hair can always change your look and if your good with your hands, you can create some pretty spooky looks!  What about this option?  Throw on a powdered face, dark make-up and break out the crimper and Voila! You look like you are part of the party. 
DIY Halloween hair
If you're anything like me, there is nothing worst than that cheap nylon Halloween costume.  Why not try some real clothes that give a cute nod to "dressing up".  How adorable is this option AND you can wear everything again in your real life!  Get it here.
Non costume ideas for Halloween 2013
Lastly, and my favorite why not do something dramatic on your digits!  Nail polish can shout Halloween all week and you can change your look everyday if you like.  Tip-don't go overboard with purchasing these polishes.  While we all love our OPI or Chanel polishes during the year, you can purchase orange and black very cheaply at Target or Ulta to get the look.  Get more nail looks here.
Spookify your Manicure
Halloween Nails
Check out my look for the week!  I used Rimmel London in Black Satin and Orly in Shine on Crazy Diamonds.  Oh and they are crazy long due to Biotin-this stuff is great!
Get Halloween Nails at home
Spooky at home manicure

Have a super fun Halloween however you choose to celebrate! 


Love and Tulips, 

Amanda from Irvine

No comments:

Post a Comment